Losing weight is a challenge. It requires a lot of hard work and isn’t something that will happen overnight, but we’re here to help! We’ve complied a list of 30 tips to help you stay motivated to lose weight.
1. Decide to get healthy. If you want to lose weight, you need to commit. Just hitting the gym every once in a while isn’t going to do it. Make up your mind and make a commitment.
2. Join a gym.
3. Push yourself. The limits you think you have are all in your head. An extra 30 seconds on the treadmill before you break for a walk, three more squats before you quit, one less unhealthy snack. Whenever you push yourself, you’ll have an awesome sense of accomplishment.
4. Lift weights. Lifting weights builds muscle and increases your resting metabolic rate (aka you’ll burn calories faster).
5. Cut sugar!
6. Don’t drink your calories. Skip soda, sugary juices and alcohol in favor of water. It’s better for you and has no calories.
7. Read the label. This can’t be stressed enough. It’s important to know exactly what (and how much) is going into your body — think too much salts, sugars and fat.
8. Eat more fruits and veggies. Keep cut-up and ready-to-eat fruits and veggies in the fridge so you’ll be ready when hunger strikes.
9. Try to walk or ride your bike as often as possible.
10. Pack your lunch. Eating out is asking for a high-calorie meal.
11. Throw out unhealthy foods. It may seem wasteful, but it’s not worth the temptation.
12. Hire a personal trainer. A trainer is a great way to commit to your workout. They know how to help you best and you’ll never miss a workout when you’re paying for it!
13. Never go more than two days without exercise.
14. Cook more at home. Eating out is a huge calorie trap. By cooking at home, you can use skinny swaps, control your portions and know exactly what’s going into your meal.
15. Drink more water.
16. Find support. Losing weight with a partner or friend is much easier. You’ll want someone to talk to about your troubles and successes. The 3-week Diet program has an enormous, supportive and active community!
17. Say goodbye to fast food.
18. Eat an apple! It’s full of fiber and is a natural appetite suppressant.
19. Cook with spices so you don’t need to add sauces.
20. Use food for nutrition, not reward or self-medication.
21. Eat breakfast. It’s important to start your day off right. Fill breakfast with proteins and fiber-rich greens to keep you full and fueled. Also try to eat within an hour of waking up to boost your metabolism.
22. Chew more. The more you chew, the more time your brain has to realize that it’s being fed. This will help you not to over-eat!
23. Eat snacks that will help you get a tight tummy.
24. Add lemon to your water! It flushes out toxins, balances pH, boosts your immune system and assists with weight loss.
25. Add extra cardio. After finishing your workout, add an extra 5 minutes of cardio. An accelerated heart rate will burn more fat.
26. Laugh! Did you know laughing is good for weight loss?
27. When you make a sandwich, skip the bread and make a wrap out of Swiss chard or lettuce.
28. Don’t keep the servings on the table. When you sit down to eat, keep the second helpings across the kitchen (or better yet, put them away!) so you aren’t tempted to over-eat.
29. Incorporate more probiotics into your diet.
30. Chose meats that are grilled, baked, broiled, steamed or blackened instead of fried or breaded.